Ottawa Running Club
Some friends got together for a run 12 years ago and the Ottawa Running Club was born. Since then, hundreds have been introduced to running, broken personal bests and made new friends as part of the running club. Plus, thousands of dollars have been donated to charitable causes near and far.
Founded in 2005, Sole Responsibility (SR) started out as a grass-roots non-profit collecting gently used shoes from local Ottawa runners and sending them to refugees overseas with the help of the United Nations High Commission on Refugees. A registered charity since 2013, SR has since pivoted to use its volunteer resources to support kids’ access to physical activity opportunities in the National Capital Region. The organization is fully volunteer-led.
Do good. Be well.
Looking for People to run with?
- Sundays: We meet at 8:15am at the Bridgehead at 1277 Wellington (corner of Caroline).
- There are 5k and 10k+ options each week year round.
- We have Sunday Start Smart programs for new runners in early spring and late fall; Checkout our Facebook for upcoming programs.
- Tuesday Tempo: Join us for weekly interval workouts at Dovercourt (411 Dovercourt Ave.) downstairs desk at 6pm year round. Troy Austrins leads us every week with a different workout.
- Wednesday Track: From May through the fall we have track workouts at 6:15pm on Wednesdays at Notre Dame High School (710 Broadview Ave.)
Ten Reasons to Join the Ottawa Running Club
- We make sure your training fun. When it's fun, it gets done.
- Your donation goes to help others through charitable programs.
- Zero intimidation level. You'll feel right at home. We are just like you.
- There are as many as 3 club runs a week.
- Ours is THE best learner program in Ottawa (Start Smart).
- The track workouts produce personal bests every week.
- Where better for a post run hangout than Bridgehead.
- Have a question? Many of our runners have lots of experience - Ask away.
- Make new friends that will last a lifetime. We have.